Friday, August 29, 2008

Chocolate - Again

While I've already admitted that I'm a complete chocoholic - I forgot to mention i'm always surfing the web for lowfat or fat free chocolate dessert options since i just can't give it up. I watched Emeril on the green network prepare some damn good looking brownies that were fat free (if you leave out the chips and believe me you don't need them!) and VEGAN. I made them based on his recipe which you can view at http://planetgreen.discovery.com/food-health/emerils-brownies.html

Things I did differently - left out the vegan chocolate chips and used white whole wheat flour instead of the rice flour. I didn't need to be gluten free which is why he used rice flour. I also only baked for 30 minutes instead of the suggested 35-40 - why? i like gooey brownies!! I've tried a lot of fat free brownies, low fat brownies, dairy free vegan brownies, etc. adn honestly, to me, these were the best rather 'healthy', if we can call it that, vegan brownie i've made yet.

2 comments:

Christinahh said...

Okay. Sorry to comment again, but I've been catching up on your blog. I just wanted to say I'm sorry I didn't know you in college, and I think we should be friends. You can mull it over and get back to me :)

Elizabeth Leigh said...

We should have known one another in college. I only knew you in passing... but now i know you via blogging:) Friends? Done!